Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (B.Sc.CSIT)
Department of Computer Science and Information TechnologyApply Online
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (B.S.CSIT) curriculum is designed by closely following the courses practiced in accredited international universities. In addition to the foundation and core Computer Science and Information Technology courses, the program offers several elective courses to fulfill the demand of high technology applications development. The foundation and core courses are designed to meet the undergraduate academic program requirement, and the service courses are designed to meet the need of fast changing computer technology and application. Students enrolled in the four year B.Sc.CSIT program are required to take courses in design and implementation of computer software systems, foundation in the theoretical model of computer science, and a functional background of computer hardware. All undergraduate students are required to complete at least126 credit hours of computer science course and allied courses.
The main objective of B.Sc.CSIT program is to provide students intensive knowledge and skill on different areas of computer science and information technology including design, theory, programming and application of computer system. Specifically, the main objectives of B.Sc.CSIT program are:
- To offer intensive knowledge in the theory, design, programming and application of computers.
- To provide in-depth understanding of and experience with computer systems.
- To develope creative and analytical skills that provides a basis for technological problem-solving.
- To equip students with the technical knowledge required for an IT professionals to handle multi-tasking situations and to assess and develop computer based solutions.
- To impart knowledge of computer and programming logic environment in IT.
- To develop knowledge of advanced IT applications applicable in different business sectors.
- To equip students with the technical knowledge required for an IT professional to handle multi-tasking and multi programming situations and to assess and develop computer based solutions.
- To provide necessary knowledge in the field of functional knowledge of hardware system and the and necessary knowledge of computer software system.
What makes our CSIT graduates even more tempting is the career prospect and pay grade that they get with it. In fact, the Future of Jobs Report by the World Economic Forum shows that by 2022, companies are likely to adopt technologies that require definitive qualifications that come with a computer science degree. If that isn’t enough to convince one, Forbes has rated job candidates with computer science degrees as one of the top 5 highest paid jobs. Furthermore, data science, which is a part of computer science degrees, is said to be among the most promising careers in the near future.
Moreover, as a CSIT graduate, one can become a software developer, web developer, database administrator, data analyst, SEO specialist, game developer, to name a few. We are proud of our Alumni, where many of our graduates are nation’s emerging entrepreneurs running their own software companies.
Academia Robotics Champions!
072 Batch students successfully developed and demonstrated robots useful in different sectors!
Runners up - 8th CSIT Cricket Tournament!
Proud moment for Academia family as CSIT students stood runners up among CSIT colleges!
Winner - NOSKode 2016 Event
Winner of NOSKode 2016 Event organized by Nepal Open Source Klub (NOSK). The team from Academia with name "Aarcana" was the winner with the idea of "GasSoln".
Eight Semesters (Four Academic Years).
Eligibity for Admission
- Minimum Second division mark in I.Sc. Examination with Physics and Mathematics (100 marks). Or
- At least C grade mark in each subject in +2 Examination with Physics and Mathematics (100 marks). Or
- At least D grade in each subject in A Level Examination with Physics and Mathematics (100 marks). Or
- A minimum of second division mark in CTEVT Examination with Physics and Mathematics (100 marks). And
- Passed the entrance examination conducted by Institute of Science and Technology (IOST) TU.
You should made the application for B.Sc.CSIT course by submitting Online application form.
You can also make the application on the college application form which you can collect through the college admission office. You should fill the application form and submit it directly to the college along with the following:
- Copies of all the qualifications held starting from S.E.E. or equivalent , Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees.
- Letters from past and present employers (If applicable).
Why B.Sc.CSIT at Academia?
Honestly, when I first joined Academia International College I had no interest in Computer Science. However, through the guidance and support of my experienced teachers, amazing college members and my creative friends I started to love Computer Science. Not only did I gain IT skills but I also learned to be self-organized and improved my leadership. Currently I am working in one of the IT companies of Nepal and I am loving every bit of it. The global IT exposure that I am getting right now wouldn't have been possible without the efforts of my college, teachers and myself. Thank you!
Madhu Sudan Subedi, Web Developer
B.Sc. CSIT program at Academia International College prepared me for every facet of software engineering within industry. The program perfectly blends theory with practical experience and provides a strong focus on team collaboration in courses and Academia International College executed the program to its best extent. Thank you Academia Team.
Usha Poudel, Web Developer
The pleasure combined with knowledge gained in four years at Academia is something which will stay with me for the rest of my life. The experiences of projects in the initial stage of our course were a game changer during the execution of our final year project. Numerous presentations on multiple topics in class were the turning point in building our communication skills. The technical fest and extra-curricular activities were add-ons in this fun filled ride. Overall, Academia has been responsible for my overall development.
Sabin Maharjan, Web Developer
Academia is a remarkable Institute where one can to learn and apply one’s knowledge practically. For research, probably this institute provides the best opportunity to excel. The concept of each subject was taught through the means of mini and minor projects. The innovative methods adopted for the curriculum by including modern technology without compromising the core subjects. A case in point is including “Python , Robotics” the latest technology as part of the curriculum. Academia has an excellent placement record. I am proud of the college which has supported me in my placement to a leading software company .
Ashok Adhikari, Web Developer